Are you competitive in your marketplace?
How competitive is the marketplace? What are competitors doing, and are
they doing it well? What might they be preparing to do? These are all vital
to understand in preparing yourselves for the battle.
We evaluate the following:
- What is happening to market size, growth, geographical distribution and profits?
- What are the major market segments?
- What are the customers’ needs and buying processes?
- How do customers and prospects rate the company and its competitors on reputation, product quality, service, sales force and price?
- How do different customer segments make their buying decisions?
- Who are the major competitors?
- What are their objectives, strategies, strengths, weaknesses, sizes and market shares?
- What trends will affect future competition and substitutes for the company’s products?
Distribution & Dealers
- What are the main trade channels for bringing products to customers?
- What are the efficiency levels and growth potentials of the different trade channels?
- What is the outlook for the availability of key resources used in production?
- What trends are occurring among suppliers?
Facilitators & Marketing Firms
- What is the cost and availability outlook for transportation services, warehousing facilities and financial resources?
- How effective are the company’s advertising agencies and marketing research firms?
- Which publics represent particular opportunities or problems for the company?
- What steps has the company taken to deal effectively with each public?